Office of the Secretary of State of Idaho

Idaho Military and Overseas Citizens

The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FPCA) has a form provided by federal law to register and / or request an absentee ballot. You are eligible to use an FPCA application if you are a(n):

You must be eligible to vote in Idaho to use the FPCA to register and / or request an absentee ballot from Idaho.

You are eligible to vote in Idaho if you:

Residence is defined in the Idaho Election Code as “…Principal or primary home or place of abode is that home or place in which his habitation is fixed and to which a person, whenever he is absent, has the present intention of returning after a departure or absence therefrom, regardless of the duration of absence.”

FPCA's may be obtained by eligible voters from voting assistance officers within their branch of service, from a U.S. consulate or embassy, and from the Federal Voting Assistance Program of the Department of Defense, Washington D.C. 20301.

Idaho specific instructions for completing the FPCA are available online at the Federal Voting Assistance web site in PDF format.

Related links:

Federal Voting Assistance Program