Frequently Asked Questions
Official Voting Information
- Are Idaho’s elections secure?
- Please click here to read more about elections security.
- Am I registered to vote?
- Please click here to find out if you’re already registered to vote.
- Where do I go to vote?
- Please click here to find out the poll location you should use to vote.
- Has the county received my absentee ballot?
- You can find out if the county has received your absentee ballot by clicking here.
- Where do I request an absentee ballot?
- You can find out information about absentee ballot information by clicking here.
- What are my rights as an Idaho voter?
- It’s important to know your voting rights before heading to the polls on Election Day. Learn more here.
- How do I vote with my disability?
- You can find out about voting accessibility by clicking here
- How do I volunteer to be a poll worker?
- You can find out how to become a volunteer poll worker by clicking here
- Is voter data considered public information?
- First, it’s important to know that only specific parts of the state voter roll are public information. This includes the name, address, telephone number, and county of each voter. Other information provided when a public records request is filed with the Secretary of the State’s office includes the registration date, legislative and congressional districts, age, gender, election participation information, and party affiliation of each voter.
It is also important to know that Idaho law requires the Secretary of State’s office to provide this information in response to public records requests. This law is intended to help poll watchers, political campaigns, and researchers. While anyone can request this information, the law prohibits anyone from using this information for commercial purposes.
- What is the latest poll information and news?
- You can find the latest poll information and news by clicking here
- Can I download and use the Idaho Votes logo?
- Yes, please visit the Media and Logos page to download the logo and other materials.